Atlantic Beach Hotel 2
The Atlantic Beach Hotel was the new name given to the Continential Hotel in 1913. Unfortunately it burned to the ground in a spectacular fire in 1919 on September 20th. A new hotel, also named the Atlantic Beach Hotel, soon replaced the wooden structure and remained in operation until the late 1960s. That hotel was quite a bit smaller as can be seen in the second photo below.
After the fire of the Atlantic Beach Hotel in 1919, a few items were salvaged, including adjacent area buildings that did not burn. A sink shaving/vanity mirror salvaged from the servants quarters has been preserved in our Foreman’s House building located here in Pablo History Park.
Historic Hotels at the Beaches
- Atlantic Beach Hotel – Atlantic Beach, Florida
- Continential Hotel – Atlantic Beach, Florida
- McCormick Hotel – Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Murray Hall Hotel – Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Oceanic Hotel – Pablo (Jacksonville Beach), Florida
- Ocean View Hotel – Pablo (Jacksonville Beach), Florida